[DeTomaso] Best valve spring compressor and keep the valvesinplace

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Thu Nov 22 16:46:48 EST 2007

Having done this a couple of times I'd say that if you have sucessfully pushed back the retainer to free the keepers there is very little chance of the valve leaving the seat as long as you pressurize the cylinder with an unregulated source, valve seal or not. Last time 10 out of 16 seals (all exhausts and a few intakes) were broken on my car. I use around 6 bars (appr. 80 psi).

Tomas