[DeTomaso] IR EFI Sensor

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:22:02 EST 2007

> The car currently has Quellas' IR EFI injection system with 2 oval air
> cleaners. The air intake sensor is on the base of one side.

Is that a temperature or pressure sensor?  IIRC, Quella used a Haltech
ECU running in Alpha-N mode which would need throttle position and RPM
signals, as well as an O2 sensor.  A pressure (MAP) sensor can be used
with Alpha-N, but it's used as a barometric pressure sensor to detect
altitude changes.  At one time, Quella's system used an (optional)
trim knob for that function though it's possible later ECU's used a
MAP.  Did you get any documentation on the ECU?

> I want to put 6" stacks (air horns) on it. Can I just mount that sensor
> in one of the stacks?

The stacks will get flow in both directions so if it's a temperature
sensor, it'll see exhaust reversion pulses which might fool a temperature
sensor.

> Does anyone know what the throttle body venturi dimensions are on this
> system so I can order stacks?

IIRC, the tall TWM throttle bodies with the injectors pockets were
48mm and the short throttle plates (with manifold mounted injectors)
were 50mm.  You should measure to make sure something wasn't custom
ordered though.

Dan Jones