[DeTomaso] 69 Goose Rear Suspension

Damaadams at aol.com Damaadams at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 22:57:04 EST 2007

Sorry for the delay in response, but I just got the Mangusta down off the
lift and into its new home in the pole barn where I could take some
measurements. My car stacks up this way:

Pan clearance:  3-1/2"
Bellhousing clearance:  3-5/8"
Ground to rear wheel arch:  29-3/8"  (275/60/15 tires)
Ground to front wheel arch: 25" (215/60/15 tires)

I always felt my car was stock, as Bob Kelley told me he made no changes to
it, but now I wonder. The second owner put BIG race rubber on the back prior
to  Bob's acquiring the car in 1974, so maybe he tweeked things a bit. I guess
this  helps explain why my bellhousing is unscathed.

Daryl
8MA888