[DeTomaso] [NPC] Can you get a key-less entry fob with just the VIN for a Chevy van?

Gary Bartley G.Bartley at cebridge.net
Sun Nov 18 18:40:23 EST 2007

Thomas,

I bought a 2001 Ford F150 with only one fob.  After some checking I
bought a second fob on eBay and followed some instructions to program it
via the truck.  It worked great and was cheap!

I don't know if GM is the same way but a couple of ads on eBay indicate
that if the numbers on the back of the old and new fobs match it can be
done.  Here are a couple of ads for examples:

This one shows the numbers on the back of the fob:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-KEY-FOB-REMOTE-GM-10246215-FCC-ABO020204T_W0QQitemZ160179492411

This one says that if the numbers match it will work:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOOK-GM-KEYLESS-ENTRY-REMOTE-FOB-REALLY-CHEAP-WOW_W0QQitemZ180180117021

Looks like the number on the fob is the critical piece of information if
you go the eBay route..

I hope this helps.  Good luck,

Gary Bartley