[DeTomaso] Hazard Warning Switch Issues - Part 2

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 17 21:09:03 EST 2007

Bill:

I don't know if you remember or not, but long ago when I installed LED
indicator lights in my new Autometer speedo and tach, we (you and I) went
thru this problem with the turn signal indicator light wiring, and you came
up with a solution. I installed it, and it worked fine on the bench.

The problem now is that I'm no longer "on the bench", and I've discovered
that all is not perfect in Pantera Wiring Land.....

So far I've got a couple of good points, and a couple of failure points.

The illumination comes on for the haz switch when the headlights are turned
on. The illumination goes off, when the haz switch is pressed "on".

The red wire that is supposed to provide power to the haz switch doesn't.

The green wire that is supposed to provide power to the haz switch does.

There's a strange, heavy gauge (8 or 6 gauge) wire under the dash.... and it
comes from the alternator area.... where the engine control wiring used to
be....

I've found the red wire that goes to the stop lights....  and when I supply
12VDC to it, the stop lights come on!

I found that two of the wires on the haz switch had been misconnected, as
per my previous post.

No turn signal blinkies...

No turn signal clicks...

I do however, have all the parking lights, reverse lights, side lights,
headlights, hi and low beam, and headlight open/close. Also the illumination
in the cabin, and the instruments all works perfectly.

Also all of my exterior lights are the standard incandescent bulbs. No LEDs
out there. The only LEDs are within the new speedo and tach, and have all
the appropriate diodes, resistors, etc., in their circuitry.

So that's what I know... I think...

Chris