[DeTomaso] Removing baffle form cast valve covers

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sat Nov 17 21:01:19 EST 2007

OK, now that I have the solution for the gasket material, I have another
question.

My roller rockers were pummeling the baffles in my cast aluminum DeTomaso
valve covers.  I took a ball peen hammer to the spot on the baffle making
contact, and that solved that problem, but now the baffle on one cover won't
stay in the keeper at the bottom (top) of the cover.  The only way I can see
to fix that is to remove the baffle and bend it properly so it will stay in
place.  Problem is, I cant figure out how to remove the two pins that hold
the baffle in place.

I've thought about drilling and tapping a small screw into the edge of the
baffle to keep it in place, but that would mean it would come through the
top of the valve cover.

Thanks
Mike Thomas