[DeTomaso] Radiator plumbing

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Nov 17 15:11:26 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/16/07 6:47:39 PM, jimgray at cableone.net writes:

> Since I reinstalled the radiator the car is running much warmer than
> before.  Could I have the water inlet/outlet reversed and would this cause the
> higher temps?

I doubt it- I tried this a while back, and like everything else, NOTHING
changed the steady-state water temp- up or down. Except adding a Fluidyne rad
which dropped my go-to-Vegas cruising temps by 20 degrees lower. Try bleeding air
some more- I still had a few bubbles in the system after two bleeds, an
overnight wait with a 3rd bleed, and 500 miles of driving at speeds up to 5000 rpms.
Another thing to check if you changed fans is not only are they turning the
right direction, but also are the fan blades on the shafts the right way? If
the blades are reversed and the motors are running in the corrct direction,
you'll still have poor air flow. Good luck- J DeRyke