[DeTomaso] Cam Question

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 11:13:34 EST 2007

> I ordered the heads and intake directly from CHI, so maybe they had a
> dual plane in stock?

I don't think so.  Phil in London has had the same thing on order
for a few months now, so he's in line ahead of you.

> Or, maybe it's worth waiting for the new manifold? Do you know what
> changes he was going to make?

He didn't elaborate.  When I contact him next, I'll ask.  As soon as
I get my hands on Phil's, we'll put it on the flow bench and see how
well it does.  If it's like the other dual planes we've tested (4 good
runners and 4 bad), we'll port it to equalize the runners.  That was
worth a bunch of power on Glen's 408C (40+ HP) and the cost was very
reasonable.

> Ack.  I don't know.  I recall it was up and running a couple of
> years ago and Dan Jones made reference to using it during that time
> frame.

A partner of Vizard's, Denny Wyckoff, was doing the cam service.
However, he has recently retired.  I got Vizard to spec mine only
because a friend of mine is also a friend of Vizard.  Last I heard,
Vizard was considering providing the cam service but he's a pretty busy
guy.  I've got to phone him soon and can ask him if he'd be interested
in designing a cam for you.  I have his cam form here.  I can forward
it so you can fill it out.

Dan Jones