[DeTomaso] Cam Question

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:03:49 EST 2007

> The carb is a Holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries, #4779.

I don't recall if that has downleg boosters or not.  I know the vacuum
secondary 750 does not.

> What would narrowing the lobe separation angle do for me?

Rougher idle but better average power under the RPM curve.

> I am also waiting on the heads as well as the intake.  I hope to have the
> engine ready to go in December and be back on the road in January.

When I last spoke with Scott Cook, he had made a design revison to his
intake manifold and was looking at 3 to 4 months before any would be
available.  That was about a month ago so you may not have parts until
next year.

Dan Jones