[DeTomaso] New Product! Some Pantera content

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:48:43 EST 2007

Ken Green wrote:
 Don't mind Mike, I suspect he's just a function drives form guy who can't see any functional reason to have the doors pivot up from the front.

Well, since it all blew up...my schooling/background is in what could be called the graphic arts.  Worked in galleries and the McNay
Institute, not that it means squat.  I think some of the most beautiful designs are purely functional.  Some beautiful works have no function at all.  Some designs are neither attractive or useful.  I think the Countach doors were originally explained, as Dan mentioned, as a method
to make exit easier in a crowded urban parking environment.  I know every time I've stuffed a Lambo in a tight downtown parking garage those doors really helped.  Now they are just iconic Lamborghini.  I see more and more things (designs) that are nothing more than just different.  Many have no balance, bad proportions.  They lack basic design cues that are pleasing to the human eye.  They are just different and there are many people who are satisfied with that.  When I build a part, I try to distill it down to the simplest solution.
I wouldn't turn down a Cartier egg either.  Panteras are one of the prettiest cars ever built.  I don't think they have a really bad angle.
You can "improve" them until you get the wheels out of proportion with the body, sitting too high, or stick stuff all over them.  Anyway,
the Lambo doors on Hondas or Vettes don't work right or look right...they just go up. My original post wasn't directed at anyone.  I see so many Civics with those doors I thought the original design was being..........Oh, never mind.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Excuse me while I go cut an ear off.
Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa          :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)!!!!!!