[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 40, Issue 15-700 TO 880 HP

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Nov 15 11:12:40 EST 2007

Ken,
If you are real worried about the ZF holding together
ask Mr. Escahoff about his 750hp motor that keeps
twisting imput shafts... I have found that most cars
that are above 600hp and DRIVEN HARD will start breaking
things... many of my buddies have backed things down
a little so they are not fixing the car all the time.... it is
like a chain looking for the weak link... trans, clutch, half shafts,
wheel studs.... etc, etc

Backing down from 1000 to 700 or 800 hp won't make a lot
of difference if you lean on it hard

Bob Benson (tired of breaking things)