[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 40, Issue 13 3.2 gears and clutch life

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 16:22:23 EST 2007

My 69 Z28 Camero had 3.77 gears and went:
65 mph in 1st @7200 rpm
85 mph in 2nd
110 mph in 3rd
4th I broke the speedo three times at who knows
what speed

Clutches lasted forever( L88 Corvette),  throw out bearings changed
every other month due to Cruising

I guess I could see what the Pantera does but it gets
well over a hundred real quick so I guess the FORD POWER
is better... glad I left the dark side.... except that 69 Camero in the corner

Or
Could always buy Jr Wilson's car and get this 177 average done
and over with... just need to keep it on the road for 90 miles
no talking about gearing or Hp then

Bob Benson