[DeTomaso] TURBO DAVE - was; Re:  3.2 gears and clutch life?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 15:11:47 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/14/07 9:05:19 AM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> This sure is not intuitive, but putting twin turbos behind the rear tires
> is a really interesting idea:
> http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/148_0502_rear_mounted_turbo/in
> dex.html
>
> Early turbo systems from the '80s (can't quite remember the brand) for
Panteras had a single big turbo and Holley 4bbl mounted over the bellhousing, with a
priority valve system going up where the carb used to live. I suspect that
"0.05 sec lag" will feel like minutes while driving, though, and I'd like lots
more heat-insulation around the pipes and turboes in any plastic car! Remember
the UNBLOWN Pantera at a SS event that melted his taillight lenses just from
heat coming out of the muffler tips? FWIW- J DeRyke (who owns 5 turbos but
can't get very excited about them)