[DeTomaso] Removal of pipe plugs when 351C heads are hot-tank cleaned?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 14:34:26 EST 2007

I agree. Cleanability is not helped much, and there's a chance of stripping
the cast iron threads, which then causes problems and more debris when you
drill, tap and add new plugs. The removal thing is really only applicable for oil
passage plugs and these are core plugs for water. I don't even remove the
little drain plugs at the base of the cylinders in old blocks, for the same
reason. FWIW- J DeRyke