[DeTomaso] What a great car! Now ORR tires

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 14:28:48 EST 2007

<<< I have H (130 mph) that I have used on the track, but that is not the same at running 130 mph constantly. >>>

  Speed ratings are based on laboratory tests where the tire is pressed against a large
  diameter metal drum to reflect its appropriate load, and run at ever increasing speeds (in 6.2
  mph steps in 10 minute increments) until the tire's required speed has been met.

  That means that a tire that's earned an "H" rating has been run constantly for about an hour
  at speeds of 100 mph and above (through 130 mph). Yeah, I would prefer to have V, Z, W, or
  Y rated tires on my car, but they're just not available in suitable sizes for my stock Campy
  wheels. But, I would also have no qualms about driving my brand new H rated Toyo tires in
  the touring class at 110 mph for 49.090909090909 minutes.

  More info about speed ratings here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=35

  Now I just have to rebuild my engine by next May.

  Cheers!
  Garth