[DeTomaso] What a great car!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 14 02:07:39 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/13/07 22 40 49, artstephens at charter.net writes:

>      It appears that you are not entirely correct.  :-))  The Touring
> division only requires "U" rated tires (124 mph).  The grand touring
> division only requires "V" rated tires,  which allow a tech speed of 140
> mph.  Beginning with the grand sport division,  "tires should not be more
> than two years old".  I don't see an age restriction for tires in the
> touring and grand touring divisions?

Panteras are reportedly subject to additional penalties which are NOT in the
stated rules.   A Mustang in the touring group can run on U-rated tires, but a
Pantera in the SAME group must have V-rated or better.   This according to
MD.   I refuse to invest the substantial money and effort to travel a great
distance to participate in an event whose rules are so arbitrarily and
capriciously enforced and/or ignored by the organizers.

I have heard from other ORR vets who run in other ORR events around the
country, where the tire tech is more reasonable (i.e. restrictive when it makes
sense and has to be, i.e. high speed classes, and less stringent in the lower
speed classes).

But those are WAY too far away, unfortunately.

Mike (ironically, the Silver State people would probably be happy to accept
my Sciroccos as-is!)