[DeTomaso] 3 watt Luxeon LED dash lights, Do they fit?

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Wed Nov 14 00:31:55 EST 2007

The problem with the high wattage LEDs is heat.  They must have a heat sink
installed to keep them cool or their life is ver short.  They are bright,
really bright.  Six of the 5 watters can replace a headlight, almost.  But
they get hot.  They are actually being sold in cluster lamps for work
lights on construction machines.  But the housigs are aluminum and have
fins to cool the leds.

What I am thinking of doing is just drilling the housing and installing
about 8 led lamps around the edge.  Eight regular Leds should be bright
enough.

Dave "Always Thinking" D

At 11:35 AM 11/13/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>While I have my dash out, does anyone know if the 3 watt LEDs at
Superbright will fit?
>I went back through the site and apparently the 5 watt LEDs will not.  My
gauges/speedometer are difficult to see at night, would like to brighten up
a bit.