[DeTomaso] What a great car!

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 13 19:42:58 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/13/07 8 34 43, msm at portata.com writes:

> That is easy enough to fix, but on those paved trails by your house, maybe
> it is a good thing to have the soft springs and tall sidewalls.

The problem is, the car bounces around, and bottoms out too, even at
non-Silver State speeds.

I had so much fun yesterday, I was talking it up during my flight today, and
one of the other pilots invited himself over for a Pantera orientation ride.
So after the airplane broke (as it always does) and we landed, we came back
to my house, fired the Pantera up and I took it back out there, only driving
about half the distance I did yesterday though.

He sucks with a camera but did manage to get a few decent photos, including
one in front of a shack with some beautiful fall colors as well....

http://members.aol.com/mikeldrew/PanteraFallAfternoon.jpg

By the way, that shack is probably well over a million dollars....

With his additional weight aboard, the chassis bottomed out a couple of
times.   I also noted a small coolant leak from the water hoses at the rear of the
longitudinal pipes (at the front of the motor) when we got back to my house; I
don't know if that's a result of grounding out or not, but it means the car
is back in the air until I can get it sorted out, and the Scirocco will have to
substitute on my drive up to the Capitol Panteras (Sacramento Pantera club)
meeting tonight.

Ah well, it was sure fun while it lasted!