[DeTomaso] 2V intake manifold variations

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:40:24 EST 2007

I was cleaning up the 2V intakes for the 351C dyno project when I noticed
something odd.  I have two 351C-2V Weiand Xcelerator intakes but they are
different castings.  One is taller than the other and has larger ports.
Neither intake is ported.  Both carry the 7516 part number but one is marked
with "No. 7516" and the other is "7516".  I'll only have the taller intake
available for dyno testing (the other is sold).  Since the lower one
just cleared
my engine screen and decklid with a drop base air cleaner and 2 1/4" tall
element, I don't believe the taller version would clear.  I'm not sure
I'm willing
to port match the larger port version to the Aussie heads just for the dyno
program.

Also there are two different castings for the Holley Street Dominator 2V
intake.  Again one is taller than the other.  One has a trapezoidal carb
pad that mounts a Motorcraft 4300D carb, the taller one has a carb pad with
clearance at the rear for larger throttle blades and dual carb bolt holes.
It will clear the throttle blades on a Thermoquad or Quadrajet spread bore
carb, though it tapers to a smaller opening.  Always thought the Strip
Dominator should be that way.  A TQ or Qjet on a Strip Dominator would be
interesting.  We should have a Qjet for the dyno program so maybeI'll try
it on the Street Dominator.

Dan Jones