[DeTomaso] The latest on the non-cruise cruise control

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 00:59:24 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/10/07 2:39:03 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:

> I'm considering making the drive to Vegas in April for the big shindig, but
> I'd for sure want cruise control in before I did a trip that long.

That is one of the saddest things I've ever heard.....

The whole idea of cruise control on an exotic sports car is just laughable to
me.   Cruise control is for people who don't have any interest in driving,
and are just using a vehicle as a transportation module to get from one place to
another.   Sports cars are supposed to be driven by people who LIKE to be
involved, and like to actually DRIVE their car, not passenger in it.

I admit that droning along a freeway for 12 hours would get a bit tiresome in
a Pantera.   But then again, if that's how somebody is getting to Las Vegas,
they're largely missing the point there too!

Mike (600 miles from my house to Vegas, of which only about 30 are on
anything other than two-lane roads!)