[DeTomaso] Steering Column Bird Noises

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:23:14 EST 2007

Your're good, it is a LeCarra !

I think I did over tighten it when I was putting on a new "quick release wheel" that came with a hub that would not enage the splines on the column bolt.  Hence the reason I took off the Lecarra and put it back on.

While I am working on the column, how much free play should the
steering wheel have?  I feel mine has to much, if your hands are on the
wheel at 3 and 9 position the wheel has at least one inch of free
turn/play.

How is the best way to correct this?

Thanks Clay