[DeTomaso] RRORR vs. Mangusta 8MA898 - Epilogue

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 14:45:38 EST 2007

Gary & Slyvia,

  As JB likes to say, there is no "I" in team.

  The efforts by you, Slyvia, Michael, and Jim, proved that concept out once again which is why I have screaming about keeping the 'team effort' alive.

  Every year we see fewer and fewer vintage automobilies in competition...we have consistantly had Team Pantera Racing participation at ORR and club track events and your experience and accomplishment keeps those traditions alive.

  Thank you again for your enthusisum and 'can-do' attitude.
AJ also added to the TPR web site.

  Dawg

Gary Bartley <G.Bartley at cebridge.net> wrote:
  Last Friday we met with Michael Frazier and Jim Cooper in San Antonio
for dinner and some cafe racing. Sylvia presented Michael and Jim with
framed pictures of the four of us along with a RRORR dash plaque and
some words of appreciation. They seemed to appreciate the gesture. We
also discussed the '08 BBORR and Michael already has commitments from
several Panteras.

We returned home on Saturday to find a UPS box waiting. Inside was the
Ellis Woumnm Memorial Iron Man Award for 2007. It is stunning!

Last Monday a letter arrived from Dennis Antenucci. Dennis explained in
the letter about the history of Lt. Commander Ellis Woumnm and the
significance of the Iron Man Award. To be considered for this award is
truly a humbling experience.

Also included with the letter was a check for our entry fees. Sylvia
immediately took the check and went shopping. I'm pretty sure she is
shopping for a new clutch or maybe a set of headers but we will have to
wait and see...

Today I noticed that John Taphorn had some very nice things to say about
us in the November Newsletter's President's Message. Thanks John!

Mike Drew is waiting on me to send him pictures so he can put an article
in a future Profiles. I, in turn, am waiting on "official pictures"
from Fort Stockton.

We feel very honored to have received the Ellis Woumnm Memorial Iron Man
Award and all the attention. It is much more than we expected when we
set out to learn about open road racing and our Mangusta. We feel we
accomplished our objective and made a lot of new friends along the way.

For those that aren't burned out about this by now, some general
pictures are posted here; links are on the left:
http://www.rrorr.net/2007/2007results.html

And here is a good video showing the starting grid, a great shot of
Michael Frazier leading us to our grid spot, several cars taking off and
some in-car footage from the #73 Opel with the rotary engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX8P_1z7TLU%20

Again, our thanks and appreciation to Mad Dawg, Team Pantera Racing and
all who have sent their comments, suggestions and support.

Best regards,

Gary Bartley