[DeTomaso] Brake and Clutch fluid reservoir

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 15:17:22 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/5/07 11:41:47 AM, Orville at Rubyglass.com writes:

> The question I have is whether the Pantera has a 45 mm diameter filler cap.

Orville,if you're speaking of a stock screw-on cap, I avoid metric
measurements where possible; these caps are 1.75 inches ID with a coarse thread- the
same as on many Volvoes, most single outlet Girlings and a host of other Euro
cars   FWIW, the stock clutch master uses the same thread cap, often marked
"ATE". An aluminum substitute cap is available from Pegsasus Auto racing in WI
(www.PegasusAutoRacing.com) for $5.99. This can then be welded with a boss to take
a pressure hose to fabricate your own pressure bleeder, using the master
cylinder's own reservoir. The small volume is a drawback but on many pressure
bleeders, their reservoir holds literally quarts of fluid and at commercial shops
you never really know how old or of what quality the fluid is they're feeding
into your system. Good luck- J DeRyke