[DeTomaso] Need Fuel Tank Shop - Pulling Fuel Tank for EFI fuel mods

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 13:57:14 EST 2007

In a message dated 11/5/07 9:21:19 AM, teampantera at yahoo.com writes:

> In preparation for the EFI one of the mods is pulling fuel off the bottom
> of the tank. Ideally I would like to find a shop in OC or LB that can both fit
> and weld on a 1/2" pipe fitting as well as re-coat the tank afterwards.

According to some, a 1/2" pipe tap can be threaded into the stock drain plug
boss, so ithe tank really doesn't need to be welded - or even removed. Just
make sure the stack of fittings hanging down like an udder doesn't become the
low point on the car. Hitting something with such an adaption would likely tear
the bottom out of the thin tank- and you've already been a "flamer". I would
pull fuel from the top either thru a line added to the filler neck like Chris
Darling did years ago, or by using a '73 fuel-out gauge sender. Th stock banjo
fitting can then be the return fuel line. Or look at Dave Doddek's hookup for
a blown 4.6-with-EFI in your POCA News. FWIW- J DeRyke