[DeTomaso] ZF questiom

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:27:50 EST 2007

This is another one of those "I never noticed that before..." issues.  This weekend while I was finishing the exhaust
and getting the half shafts in, I grabbed the axle studs and spun the assembly.  I could feel a distinct pulsing from somewhere
which I assume can only be gears meshing.  Ring and pinion or others.   No binding or anything, just small changes in feel
and pressure to turn the hubs.  Of course I had the half shafts already in before I noticed this.  It's even on both sides.
 I don't recall that on the other cars.  No trans problems in the few miles I have driven this car and Dennis Q has gone
through it not too long ago.  Any thoughts?
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa...No ZF problems before and don't want to start now.