[DeTomaso] Dipstick length

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Sun Nov 4 06:19:32 EST 2007

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
> In a message dated 11/3/07 11:15:08 PM, chrisvkimball at msn.com writes:
>

>> Yeah, but I didn't want the dipstick to look amateurish with a home-made
>> mark on it.  I'd much rather have it held together with two little nails.  Or
>> duct tape.  Or airplane glue.   Or solder.  Or rubber bands.
>>
> I wish you'd said that you were planning on bending it.   Dipstick metal
> won't tolorate that kind of abuse, as you found out. :<(
>> So, where can I get a replacement dipstick?

> brazing it, or you can buy an aftermarket replacement dipstick from Precision
> Proformance for about $80.

Or you can buy two Audi V6 dipsticks and cut the handle off on one and
the tip on one and braze or tig weld them together at the correct length.

http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/112-1293_IMG.JPG
http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/112-1294_IMG.JPG
http://www.detomaso.nu/~thomast/112-1295_IMG.JPG

The dipsticks are dirt cheap, even for being genuine audi parts. I think
I paid less than $10 a piece.

The real reason I did this was to get a dipstick with an O-ring seal at
the handle to avoid any air leaks that upsets the EFI.

> Mike

Thomas

--
Real life:   Thomas Törnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Snail mail:  Banvallsvägen 14            Phone:    +46 18 444 33 21