[DeTomaso] Fwd: RE: Headlights Not Going Up and Down

NED BYRNE, CB SECURITIES, LLC nbyrne4 at bloomberg.net
Fri Nov 2 10:30:38 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Trevor Fougere  <trevor at fougere.com>
At: 11/01 22:02:34

Ned

Thanks for your note.  I posted the final resolution on the list.  But it
took SOBill's marvelous diagrams..along with discovering the reverse
polarity of the new motor and redoing connections at the relay to finally
get it properly sorted.

I had previously dissembled the actuator when I got back from
Vegas...thinking it was the old nylon gear issue.  Only to get it all apart
and discover...hmm...that red grease doesn't look 35 yrs old...using a
screwdriver to push some aside..and discover the brass gear had already been
done.

The dark side of buying a car with absolutely no maintenance history other
than the invoice for the last Cleveland rebuild.

I sent my gear back to Larry Stock at Pantera Parts Connection in Reno.  I
never tried to fit it (to keep it pristine for return).  Hence I can't
comment on the fitment of these gears.

I'm trying to remember if you're the guy with the blue Pantera giving me
moral support for my blown alternator at Vegas.  If so...thanks...nice to
talk to you again....  If not...thanks...it's always nice to talk to an
interested Pantera owner, anyway.

Cheers and good luck with yours

Trevor Fougere
http://www.fougere.com/pantera