[DeTomaso] Elvis at the wheel

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Thu Nov 1 20:30:55 EDT 2007

>From an interview with Sheila Ryan, one time girlfriend of Elvis:

Q : Did you ever just go out the two of you?

A : One time we were gonna go for a ride in the yellow Pantera and I was
petrified because, you know, he just didn't go slow, you know. I was worried
because he didn't drive that often cause we were always in a limousine and
it was late and it was dark and we were on the Mississippi interstate. It
was what and he's in this car and I'm there and it's just the two of us and
I'm like, okay, I don't know how to be just the two of us, you know. And he
was like lit up, you know, like a Christmas tree. His eyes were like they
could be, you know. And we were going seventy-five and I'm thinking, okay,
you know, I can deal with seventy-five. And then eighty-five and ninety-five
and a hundred and thirty. We were going a hundred and thirty and I'm
thinking and then he goes, "Here, you take the wheel." And takes his hands
off and I was like, "Please, that's not funny. Please." And I was like
begging him and I was really scared. I was really scared and but yet I was
just a side of him that I didn't see often. Carefree, you know, he wasn't on
the job, he wasn't working. He wasn't at Las Vegas and he wasn't doing
shows. So he was just having a good time and when we saw those gates with
the musical notes on them, I was like, huh and I was really happy to be
back.

http://www.sonicpastmusic.com/elvis-book