[DeTomaso] Rear A-arms

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 15:45:20 EDT 2007

Goran,

        I think most of us have stock fenders and 16 to 18 inches wheels with about as much tire as will fit inside the fenders.  You mentioned in the past that the original control arm geometry was not designed for modern wheels and tires.  Is there a short answer to how we might modify the mounting points and/or control arms to better match modern tires.

        Not really looking for an optimal race car answer, looking for something good for a street/track/ORR car.

  Thanks,

  Ken

Göran Malmberg <hemipanter at hemipanter.se> wrote:
  Hello!
I have been driving around with two different upper rear A-arm geometry, to be able to compare
the two setups directley by turning left and right. Beside beeing very interesting driving a car
with different A-arm geometry side to side one direct effect is totally wearing out the inside of
the tire at the "cambercompensative side" (from acceleration). I decided to make a new right
side A-arm using a geometry in between the original and almost parallell arms of the left side.

I also made the new arm design a little better than that of the last year. In fact a lot better use of
the original mounting ears on the chassis. The ball joint chassi mount is horizontally located
which is the best angle for a ball joint. It also makes it possible to shim upp and down for perfect
Rc. Total weight including all balljionts 2,2 pounds.

http://www.hemipanter.se/ klick Rollbars springs schocks and A-arms

Regards
Goran