[DeTomaso] Rear A-arms

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu May 31 15:26:29 EDT 2007

Hello!
I have been driving around with two different upper rear A-arm geometry, to be able to compare
the two setups directley by turning left and right. Beside beeing very interesting driving a car
with different A-arm geometry side to side one direct effect is totally wearing out the inside of
the tire at the "cambercompensative side"  (from acceleration).  I decided to make a new right
side A-arm using a geometry in between the original and almost parallell arms of the left side.

I also made the new arm design a little better than that of the last year. In fact a lot better use of
the  original mounting ears on the chassis. The ball joint chassi mount is horizontally located
which is the best angle for a ball joint. It also makes it possible to shim upp and down for perfect
Rc. Total weight including all balljionts 2,2 pounds.

http://www.hemipanter.se/    klick  Rollbars springs schocks and A-arms

Regards
Goran