[DeTomaso] pantera electricals

Lee Farrell lee_farrell at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 30 18:35:04 EDT 2007

chris, you are measuring something other than wires.   a 10 foot long,  14 guage wire has a resistance of about 3 tenths of an ohm.  even 0.8 ohms is a lot for car power wire.   at 8 ohms and 12 volts, your fans would only get 1 - 2 A, versus a requirement of probably over 15 amps.  My car had the original, single-pink-to-the-front wiring, and with the original fans, I measured a few tenths voltage drop (at the fans) when the fans turned on.   So even the poorer version of the original wiring costs you less than 5% loss, and shows the original circuit resistance is way less than 1 ohm (I don't know the exact current draw of the fans).     That said, there is no good reason to ground the fans with the mystery-black-wire-to-the loom.  Lee