[DeTomaso] MSD Symtoms

Dave Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Mon May 28 23:44:37 EDT 2007

The MSD goes to single spark about 3000 rpm on an 8 cylinder engine.  This
is documented by MSD in their literature.  I say use the crane Hi-Fire.
They have much better reliability.

Dave "Use direct fire tec-II myself' D

At 01:42 PM 5/28/2007 -0400, you wrote:

> I think this is right--when you figure the price of going to MSD figure
what the price is for two of them.? I suppose it's OK to have only one if
you don't mind getting stranded and flatbedded, but that could be very
unpleasant and expensive on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of nowhere 200
miles from home.

>Someone also said the MSD goes to single spark mode at some RPM.
>What RPM is that?
>
>Has anyone ever done a dyno test to determine if the MSD really adds
anything but unpredictable breakdowns?