[DeTomaso] I & O Gasket Q?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 28 15:47:27 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/27/07 7:14:37 PM, charlesbuthala at yahoo.com writes:

<< Is there other options for the Intake and exhaust gaskets, for the
following configuration, on the 351C engine.
  Heads E2ZM-6049-A3
  Intake manifold "Jack Roush M9424-A331"
  I have found FEL-PRO
  Intake #1265
  Exhaust #1417 >>

Measure your ports first. Fel-Pro sells (or used to sell) intake & exhaust
gaskets based on port diameters, since racing head ports seldom stay
as-delivered. My A-3 ports were 1.70 x 2.10 rectangular intake & 1.80" dia round exhaust.
So I used #1229 (1.80"x 2.20" rectangular) intake & #1431 (1.81" dia round).

Other intake choices: #1241 (1.35 x 2.20) rectangular)
#1236 (1.52 x 2.20 ) rectangular.
Other exhaust: #1417 (1.94" dia round)
These Fel-Pro part #s came from an old PAW catalogue (don't have a new one).
Fel-Pro was sold awhile ago to Federal-Mogul and I find their web site to be
confusing. Finally, Jack Roush once said that he never let the gasket
manufacturers dictate the port sizes for his engines; he always trimmed gaskets where
necessary.
Good luck- J DeRyke
http://www.aol.com.</HTML>