[DeTomaso] CONDENSER UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS?

doug sedon sedond at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 13:51:58 EDT 2007

hi larry,

if the leak isn't so bad, you may wanna try something like this:

http://autorefrigerants.com/proseal.jpg

also, you may wanna consider using the r12 substitute hydrocarbon coolant that this stop-leak product is dispensed with - more efficient than r12, & safer that r12 or r134a:

http://autorefrigerants.com/co00033.htm

read about it here:

http://autorefrigerants.com/Envirotechnical.htm

vendor's home page:

http://autorefrigerants.com/

you can get all the adapters, valve converters, etc., needed to dispense this product into your system.  i have no financial interest, i am yust a satisfied customer...

doug s.,

====================
<<<Well, the AC didn't work on the Vegas trip and today was the day to
troubleshoot. Hooked up my gauges and no pressure on either side - not
a good sign, eh?

Grabbed
one of my $20 cans of R12 and my side tap fitting and fed it in, engine
running, to find the leak. Went to grab my electronic sniffer, but then
I saw the foaming oil mess pouring out of the condenser.

So, I need a new condenser.  Seems like the perfect time to upgrade the condenser and fan, right?

little fabrication doesn't bother me at all, though I do want to try to
keep my hoses and will NOT switch from R12. And I'm keeping it in the
stock location.

So, who has done what or bought what from whom?? I'm thinking in terms of a parallel flow aluminum condenser and new, flat motor fan(s).>>>