[DeTomaso] MSD Symtoms

www.DeTomasoRegistry.org pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 28 13:14:41 EDT 2007

Dizzy shear pin?

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com]On
Behalf Of PersoCaddy at aol.com
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 8:15 AM
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] MSD Symtoms

Hi, So I am driving in 5th at  65 mph and 3,000 rpms or  so on my way to
Pocono  and the car backfires thru the carb and the tach  needle is flapping
up
and down, no bucking from the car. I pull over to  the side of the road and
get
flat bedded back home, luckily only 25 miles out.  Put the car back in the
garage and took the Benz to Pocono. This is almost  certainly the classic
symptoms of bad electrics. The MSD is a 6A about 15 years  old, no wielding
down on
car to be a possible cause. I have a brand new 6Al with  the rev limit chip
that  I have had for 2 years which I will now put in of  course. So is this
the
way an MSD fails when it goes ? Regards to all Pat  Orlando 1972 Yellow
Pantera S/N 4011.