[DeTomaso] CONDENSER UPGRADE SUGGESTIONS?

B. Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Sun May 27 23:49:56 EDT 2007

Hi Larry

Larry

Here's a link to a type and size of condenser I think others may have used
for R134a in the stock location.
Dave Doddeck had some good info on his site on a condenser swap awhile back.
The new Parallel Flow type condenser is needed with R134a because it isn't
as efficient in exchanging heat as R12. I'm no expert but I believe that if
you use this new type with R12 it will work even better than it did new.

Barry

Links:

http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=01&Product_Code=12
-0439C&Category_Code=Parallel

http://www.ackits.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=01&Category_Code=P
arallel

Here's a clip from an old post to the list:

>Dave "cold a/c the legal way" D>Dear Dave,

> Please clear up one point:
>
> " Even one of the vendors high performance condersors offered no help and
in fact made things worse.  However, when I added
>a new condensor ($140) the car would immediately cool and the air from the
vents was below 40 degrees.  Its all in the condensor folks."

>        Did you say that you used a Pantera vendor's Pantera-specific high
performance condensor and that it *didn't* work,  but the "generic" new