[DeTomaso] fuel cells

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun May 27 13:46:12 EDT 2007

Darryll,

  Most excellent 'real-world' feedback. When you can make it out here Darryll, Team Pantera Racing will pick up your food, lodging and bar tab...in fact try and make it to Silver State in Sept.

  Thanks mate!

  Mad Dawg Antenucci
  Teampantera Racing
  "if it was easy you'd do it"

Mountjoy <mtjoy at telis.org> wrote:
          Ken & Mad Dog,

  I mostly lurk since I haven't found the right Pcar yet but I do respond to individuals, as you may recall MD (on the topic of crank pulley rebuilding), where I think I can be of assistance.

  Regarding fuel cells, My race car is a '64.  Originally it had a fuel tank of odd shape.  While we were going through restoration to bring the car back to its '64 specs the tank was one of the issues.  The car now had an off-the-shelf ATL....  not nearly enough capacity as I was taking the car to the Goodwood Revival and Le Mans Classic.  For whatever reason the original tank had followed with the car through its sequence of owners.  What I did was have my restorer make an aluminum box in the configuration of the original tank.  We then sent the tank to Fuel Safe.  They made a bladder and foam for it, including fuel level sending unit, and returned the unit to us.  It fit like a glove, gave me about the same capacity as when it ran at Le Mans in '64, will now allow the required carrying of the spare tire, and most importantly is SAFE.  For shorter track events I simply run it 3/8 full.

  It wasn't cheap (a little over $1300. in 2002 money) but for me this was the right solution.  Perhaps it will work for you.  For chuckles I've included pics.

  Darrell Mountjoy

Message: 3