[DeTomaso] Dawg gone?

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Thu May 24 22:10:42 EDT 2007

I had pointed out to Matt earlier that the perp lives north of LA, was not
at the ORR, and likes to stir up trouble on the forum.  He was less than
amused at my attempt at humor.

Here is what we know or at least believe.

The rat
* lives somewhere north of LA (or at least posted from there)
* was not at the ORR
* knows MD or knows of him
* has reason to poke the Dawg (joke gone awry or malicious reasons)
* knows that MD was at the ORR that weekend and was running that morning
* knows something about racing (e.g. knew what a "sweeper" is)
* knows of the existence of this DeTomaso forum
* writes well (no typos, misspelling, or your vs. you're confusion)
* uses AOL (Most people fake address with Yahoo.  It is likely that only
someone who uses AOL would think of getting a fake AOL address.)

That list eliminates Matt and many others, but it does leave several.  Some
of them are outstanding members of the Pantera family, so I am going to quit
playing amateur detective at this point before it gets stupid ugly.

I assume that this person has recognized the joke went way too far and
regrets it.  (As someone who as gone too far with joke emails more than
once, I have some empathy ... but jeez, you would think that would have seen
it coming.)