[DeTomaso] Front Trunk Floor Recessed Battery Box [was: Fuel Cells]

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Thu May 24 13:29:50 EDT 2007

Right, the thrunk floor an also the profiles holding the steering rack add
to structural strenght.

The battery box factory built in this area is not of any concern as long as
the car is keept unchanged
around the radiator. Myself I did a big cutout for hood vent, and in such
case I should not accept
a battery cut out like this.

For a monocoque construction like the Pantera, that is made from sheet
metal, it is not easy to
rinforce an area like this. Tubes places spot loads, and one must know to
what areas to direct
the force from the coilover mount.

Ragards
Goran