[DeTomaso] Edelbrock Air-Gap Intake

Dan Mixon dmixon1 at houston.rr.com
Wed May 23 20:10:59 EDT 2007

Art,

I have 4v heads with an Edelbrock performer intake and carb. I am
considering going to 2v heads and would like to use an Edelbrock Air-Gap
intake. I use a 2 1/4" air filter with a dropped air filter base and a
Pantera script lid. I currently have 1/2" clearance at the rear between the
engine screen and lid. The front has plenty of clearance.

You were right. The measurements were on Edelbrock's web site. The Air-Gap
intake is 1 1/8" taller.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,
     Don't quote me on this stuff,  but here is what I am thinking.  First
of all,  what heads are you going to use?  I don't think the Air-Gap fits
the Cleveland 4V heads?  It appears that the air gap is about one inch
taller than the Performer.  You might want to go to the Edelbrock website
first for info and maybe talk to one of their techs.  If you run into a
clearance problem,  you could use a different air filter.  I think all the
K&N sizes are available on their website.  How much clearance do you have
with your current set up?

Art