[DeTomaso] MSD Oil Plug - For Distributorless Ignition

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Tue May 22 11:13:13 EDT 2007

Jason Eaton skrev:
> Quite a few people showed interest in the MSD plug I used to drive the
> oil pump since I dont need a distributor anymore with my Electromotive
> Ignition.
>
> Here is the information;
>
> Name: Cam Sync Distributor Plug for CPC Ignition
> MSD Ignition Part no for 351C/M: 8521
>
> I bought this in 03 from Summit for $113. I had to call them to get it
> because it was not listed on the Summit www site.

I was looking into this one when I started collecting parts for my EDIS
(Ford crank trigger) project, but as I need to interface it to the Ford
EEC-IV EFI I have, I chose another route.

I have taken a cam position sensor from a Ford V6, which has the correct
shaft diameter, both for the oil pump hex and the distributor gear. The
housing is too narrow though, but I have had an aluminum adapter bushing
made that will allow it to be properly mounted in the block.

I believe it is identical to this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cam-sensor-Ford-Thunderbird-Super-Coupe-3-8L-Cougar-XR7_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33689QQihZ018QQitemZ280115801930QQrdZ1

I have one from a 3.0L V6 also, and it is taller and would need a more
complicated adapter to fit the block.

Here is one that would be excellent for a 302C EFI conversion:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-Cam-Shaft-Position-Sensor-V8-5-0_W0QQitemZ280115408291QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33614QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The latter one won't work as the the shaft is too narrow for a 351C/351W.