[DeTomaso] Sincere Apologies to Larry Dixon & all List .....Re: Mad Dawg DID NOT Die At Silver Stat

Larry Dixon gryphonking at gmail.com
Tue May 22 00:08:10 EDT 2007

Mad Dawg, it goes almost without saying that I am elated that you are well,
alive, and still kicking butt.  There's no reason at all to say you're sorry
to me, or anyone here, about this---you're as much victimized as anyone
else, and same goes for your family, wife and other loved ones.  The one who
should feel sorry is the dickless wonder who posted the lie.

The only reason I even mentioned my health was to illustrate just how damned
un-funny something like the faked death report really is.  Mad Dawg is a
patron deity of Tenacity and it really bugged me to think he might've died.
The fact that it was posted during the race---that specific time---and with
such details to add verisimilitude, clearly shows malicious intent.

My story is pretty simple. I had a great car that I loved, but publishing
has downturns sometimes & I had to sell it for the money.  Later when things
swung up again, I got the Pantera as my "dream car."  Then friends, family &
fans were in need & I spent all my spare money on helping them---for years.
My health took some hard hits & my ability to work declined.  As a result
the P-car has been in the garage for six years.  I just couldn't bring
myself to buy sports car parts while people I knew were in awful shape.
Friends are urging me to finally do stuff for myself after giving so much
away, but wouldn't ya know it, now when it's my turn the money's all gone.
:)

But I'd rather do it right than do it cheap, so I just hang on and do a
little on the car when I can.  Financially I think I am in over my head with
the car---especially with so many sudden home repairs lately---but I keep
plugging away.  It'll be on the road some time.  I really appreciate hearing
from distant friends who've lost track of me, from the Las Vegas gatherings
and the clubs.  Thank you so much, and I will be OK.  If you want to see
what I've been up to, go to www.gryphonking.com and on the left click
Gallery, then in the popup type Name: guest and Password: hireme and that
will get you in to the section my editors and art directors and good friends
poke around in.  (There is a picture of the Pantera in "The Man" section,
too!) Enjoy... it's something I can give back to you all for being so kind.

Anyway, lastly, yes, I hope who did this pays for it somehow, but FAR more
than that I feel great about seeing so many people come together over a good
time.

Larry Dixon
1973 Pantera L, an owl, parrots and strangeness