[DeTomaso] tires for 8s and 10s

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 18 17:15:17 EDT 2007

I tried that experiment once with a couple of nearly new 285/40-15 P-7s that
someone donated to me just before they moved out of state.  I mounted the
tires on a spare set of 15" Campy wheels and stuck them on the rear of my
Pantera with some 225/50/15 tires on the front.  The 285/40-15 tires are
nice and wide, but are incredibly short.  The car looked ridiculous - high
in front and squatted in back with all kinds of empty space between the rear
fender lips and the tires.  They stayed on the car for all of 30 minutes.

I ended up selling the pair of 285/40-15 tires to someone with a wide body
car for a non-trivial amount of official US dollars.  The buyer was thrilled
as this size tire is mucho expensive, not to mention very hard to come by.
It was also a good deal for me since I didn't pay anything for them in the
first place (money for nothing and chicks for free, though I guess I missed
out on the chicks for free part).

The P-7 cash went into my 17" wheel kitty that I used a couple of years
later.

Dave Bell