[DeTomaso] tires for 8s and 10s

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Fri May 18 07:15:24 EDT 2007

Dear Mike and Ed (?),

           I have done a variation of that mismatched tire experiment with
those same sized wheels and using H rated from 225-50-15s and 295-50-15s
rated S/T.   It driven by the same difficulty finding proper 15 inch tires
to fit the rear.   The experiment was frightening.  The car was tolerably
stable in a straight line, but any cornering loads above 40 mph produced the
distinct sensation of---rear instability.   It required rear tire pressures
of 48 psi to stiffen up the tire to a minimal level of use.    I hope that Z
& H rated Toyos are better matched than my pair, but I would advise caution.

                    Warmest regards, Chuck Engles