[DeTomaso] Yellow push-button car

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri May 18 03:29:17 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/16/07 11 38 32, nckzck at yahoo.com writes:

>   there is a 1971 P-car that Steve Wilkinson did many years ago that was
> rebuilt to an amazing level of detail. It was bright yellow with billet single
> slot Wilkinson wheels. I believe I saw it for sale a few years ago, but I do
> not know if it sold. Is the owner of this car on the forum? Does anyone have a
> nice assortment of outside pictures of the car? I am debating on painting my
> car either yellow or black, and would like have pictures to deliberate the
> idea.

Perry,

That was Mike Coffel's car.   It was for sale for many years and he
eventually sold it at a considerable loss--he was asking $110K or thereabouts and I
think it went for something in the $75K range?   Don't hold me to that, however.
 In any event, it was worth every penny.

Worth that, because it was painted the RIGHT color--YELLOW! :>)