[DeTomaso] 2007 Panteras in the Park/ Second Irwindale Night

Rob DOrazio robpantera at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 16 19:17:28 EDT 2007

As in previous years, Foothill Panteras is once again hosting the annual "Panteras in the Park" picnic.  This year it will be on Sunday, June 24th beginning at 11:00, to be held once again at Brookside Park, right near the Rose Bowl in Pasadena.  This event typically draws 25 to 35 Panteras from the four local chapters who usually do the drive to Pasadena in packs and is opened to all DeTomaso enthusiasts.

  Foothill provides the grilled Italian sausage, burgers, salads, etc.  and sodas, though you are welcome to bring items you would like to share pot-luck style with your Pantera buddies (it always adds to the fun).  Contact Rob D'Orazio for more info at (626)795-0915 or by e-mail robpantera at sbcglobal.net.

  Also, since we were such a hit at the Irwindale Speedway in April we were invited back and have scheduled Saturday September 8th for this event.  The deal is simple.  We show up at 3:30, put the cars on display for the regular crowd and before the evening's events we put on a few "parade laps" behind a pace truck.  Those of you who were there know that, being the showmen we are, we took some liberty with paced laps, much to the delight of the crowd and staff apparently.  For your troubles you are given free admission for you and a passenger (a $30.00 total value) for the evening's racing.  If you like auto racing this is a fun event.  If you don't, I'm not sure why you're reading this. Contact Rob D'Orazio for more info at (626)795-0915 or by e-mail robpantera at sbcglobal.net.