[DeTomaso] Crawling around under the Pantera Again

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed May 16 13:44:41 EDT 2007

Hey Peter,

I made that same joke once at a first time meeting with a company that I was
going to work with ( and we did eventually spend 6 years or so doing
different projects together), but it didn't go over as well.  The big cheese
looked at his 2nd and then the 2nd said to the big cheese, "Why did you say
something about THAT to him", he looked back at me, then the 2nd and said "I
didn't say anything, I swear", by then I had put 2 and 2 together, turns out
that the 2nd
had spent 2 years in prison for financing his way through college by selling
Coke at Discos in the early 80's.

We all became friends, but that was about as awkward as I have ever felt (
not counting being walked in on of course by her roommate, and no, she
didn't join in ). Anyway, I have never said that again.

Michael in Savannah