[DeTomaso] High Volume Oil Pump?

Thomas Borcich Tborcich at msn.com
Wed May 16 13:42:10 EDT 2007

Thanks Jack!!!

That's exactly the kind of information and experiences I was hoping for. I
should have been more specific...at idle on a warm engine I get 40-50 pounds
and up over 2500+ rpm I get 60+ pounds verified on a mechanical and the OEM
stock dash gauge. The stock gauge reads exactly as the mechanical gauge
(surprise)...I am doing exactly as you suggest and am running a mechanical
gauge on a T-fitting off the block where the stock (new/replaced) sending
unit is.

My thought was that a high volume pump would make the motor live
longer...but I'm not running remote filters or coolers so I will stick with
a stock pump...but will change to a better pump drive shaft and change to
the double roll pin for added insurance. Totally makes sense. Thanks

Best regards,

Tom Borcich