[DeTomaso] Speed at 7,000 R's with

Paul - Home thedrol at pobox.com
Tue May 15 12:08:05 EDT 2007

This formula has nothing to do with horsepower.  IF your motor will get
to 8000rpm in 5th gear with a 26.5" tire, you will be going 212 mph.  IF
it can get to 9500 rpm you will be doing 250 mph.  Again that's a big IF!

What happens is that your motor won't get to that rpm level if it
doesn't have the horsepower to push the car through the air (or if the
air isn't dense enough to make decent horsepower at altitude).

Paul