[DeTomaso] Engine Control Unit Mounting Location

Chris Difani cdifani at pacbell.net
Tue May 15 04:55:57 EDT 2007

Guys:

Need some help here.

I need to decide where to mount the ECU. This is the engine control unit for my SVT 5.4L SOHC, supercharged, intercooled, EFI, crank ignition Ford Lightning modular engine. This ECU is about 16" long by 6" wide, and 2" thick. It's got two cables that plug into it, along with the usual 12VDC power, ground, and a vacuum connection.

The cables aren't quite long enough to allow the ECU to be installed in the front trunk, so it has to either go somewhere in the cabin, or in the engine bay. I'm kind of leery regarding the engine bay since heat, cold, vibration, and all that stuff isn't good for electronic reliability. And I want this to be reliable! Very, very reliable.

So who's got a good idea on where to mount this?

Thanks for your time,

Chris

Chris Difani
'73 L #5829 "LITNNG"